Building a Global Jewish Community in NYC
Every day, the Brownstone is home to young Jews who seek meaningful ways to become involved in Jewish life. Whether the person’s interest is strengthening Jewish identity, forming a deeper connection to Israel, developing community or engaging in Tikun Olam, The Brownstone’s Menu of Programs is diverse enough to fulfill their need.
Highlights of The Brownstone’s Summer Programs, underscore our efforts in fostering Global Connectedness through collaboration with a range of interest groups and organizations that support our mission and share our core values.
- A group of Israeli Medical Students spent 10 days exploring NYC and strengthening Jewish identity ( A Nefesh Yehudi Lithuania and Brownstone initiative )
- Students from Germany learned about Judaism and explored NYC –( A Lauder Yeshurun and Brownstone partnership)
- 32 UK students spent one month at The Brownstone as part of the Forum for Jewish Leadership Intern Program
- 40 participants from our Russian Division went on a 10- day trip across Europe and Israel touring and learning about Judaism.
- The IDF Widows and Orphans Organization held a cocktail hour to introduce their mission to about 50 young professionals from around the city.
- A Cultural Evening depicting Aron’s Story, –an illustrated graphic novel depicting memories of Holocaust survivor, Aron, his life in Odessa, USSR and his struggles wer enjoyed by over 60 people.
- A week Long trip of 40 IDF soldiers toured NYC and infused their week with Judaism ( A Aish Israel and Brownstone Partnership)
- A Bar Mitzvah event in partnership with the IDFWO helped-52 thirteen-year old children who had lost a parent in the IDF celebrate their bar mitzvah at The Brownstone
- A Shabbat Dinner for Russian YP in NYC
- A Shabbat dinner for NYU Medical Students
- Art Exhibition featuring local NY artist, Laura Brunetti
- Israel Advocacy event with Fuel for Truth
The Brownstone NY is a non-profit organization empowering young Jews to take ownership of their Jewish future by engaging in meaningful Jewish experiences that strengthen their Jewish identity and sense of community, and deepen their connection with Israel.
Parter with us in building a vibrant Jewish future, Adopt your brick in our annual campaign.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]